We're here to help!
We will try to accommodate to meet your needs.
- Q: Do I need to make an appointment for my imaging test?
All procedures require an appointment although we accept patients for X-Rays on a walk-in basis. For walk-in X-Ray patients, there may be a wait of few minutes depending on the time of day.
- Q: How do I book an appointment?
You can call our office at 416 368 8488 or you may walk over to our clinic, to book an appointment.
- Q: What happens if I have to cancel an appointment due to an emergency?
24 hours notice for a cancellation is required to avoid charges.
- Q: What happens if I am late for an appointment?
At our Toronto medical clinic we will make every effort to accommodate you. If the technologist feels that he/she is able to complete the test in the remaining time for your appointment, your test will be done. If that is not possible, we will make every effort to give you the next earliest appointment.
- Q: Do I need a referral to get any medical imaging done at The Toronto Centre for Medical Imaging?
Yes, it is a legal requirement that you present a requisition from your doctor at the time of the test. The only exception is mammogram for women over 50 who qualify for this test under the Ontario Breast Screening Program.
- Q: Do I have to have a Toronto Centre for Medical Imaging requisition to have any of my medical imaging tests done at this Toronto medical clinic?
No, you do not have to have a Toronto Centre for Medical Imaging requisition from your doctor. We accept any requisition that your doctor gives you for your medical imaging, as long as your doctor signs it.
- Q: Do I have to pay for any of the medical imaging done at The Toronto Centre for Medical Imaging?
No, all imaging tests covered by OHIP. Make sure you bring a valid health card for your test. If you do not have a valid card, you will be charged for the cost of the study.
- Q: What imaging services do you provide at The Toronto Centre for Medical Imaging?
At our Toronto medical clinic we provide general X-Rays, a broad range of ultrasound tests, mammograms, bone mineral density and echocardiograms. Please go to Our Procedures” tab to see a comprehensive list of all of our services.
- Q: Do you have long waiting times to get an appointment for any of your services?
No, we take pride in our short waiting times. Our waiting time is generally less than one week for most elective tests.
- Q: Do I need to come a few minutes early for my appointment?
Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment so that the paperwork can be taken care of before your test.
- Q: For private services I have extended health coverage. Does your clinic bill my insurance company directly?
No. We take payment in advance for all our private fee services (by visa/ /cash). We will provide you with a receipt of payment.
- Q: How Do I get my doctor to refer me to your clinic?
Simply bring the requisition to our clinic, we will do the tests and send a report to your doctor.
- Q: How do I prepare for any of the tests?
When you book your appointment, our receptionist will instruct you on how to prepare for the imaging tests that your doctor has requested. You can also look at the back of our requisitions for details or go to “Our Procedures” tab.
- Q: Do you have any other locations?
Our other location is in Port Perry at 462 Paxton Street, Port Perry, Ontario L9L 1L9. Telephone 905 985 9727.